FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is the deadline to file tax returns for individuals?
2. What are child care benefits in Canada?
3. Can I contribute to an RRSP ?
4. What if I am only available to come in weekends to meet ?
1. What is the deadline to file tax returns for individuals?.
ANS. Generally, your return for 2016 has to be filed on or before April 30, 2017. When the due date falls on a Saturday, a Sunday, or a public holiday recognized by the CRA, the return is considered on time if CRA receives it or it is postmarked on the next business day.
2. What are child care benefits in Canada?.
ANS. The Universal Child Care Benefit, or UCCB, is given to Canadian taxpayers with minor children to help them with the work-life balance and also to help with the cost of raising a child. Measures introduced in the 2016 Federal Budget replace the UCCB, CCTB and NCBS with the new Canada Child Benefit.
3. Can I contribute to an RRSP?
ANS. You can contribute to an RRSP if you earn income, are under age 72 and are a Canadian citizen.
4. What if I am only available to come in weekends to meet??
ANS. We are open on Saturdays for the month of March and April by appointment only.